Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Sunday, 8/12/07: Making Blueberry Pie

So what do you do with 5 and 1/2 pounds of blueberries? Make pie! (Plus, we're going to freeze some to use later . . . in muffins, in yogurt, and I don't even know what other recipes might be in store . . . I think we'll have to pick some more before the season is over.)

MRM taught me how her mom separates the blueberries--the quality control phase. Then, she showed me how she makes pie. I used to make apple pie a bazillion years ago, but I'm very rusty and I've never done blueberry. I was an eager learner. I felt like Matt Lauer on the Today Show. The guest celebrity chef expertly demonstrates each step and the amateur just mimics each step and tries to keep up.

I think it worked! Look how beautiful they turned out! And they tasted as good as they looked.

No comments: