Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Saturday, 8/11/07: Adventure #2--Flint Woods

From our local hideaway, we headed to our second adventure, Flint Woods. It was a flat hike through some piney woods. The dogs really enjoyed this one. At the summit, there were 2 lawn chairs sitting there in just the right place to enjoy the view. MRM said they're there year round. They were in really good shape. How cool that no one had damaged them or removed them. I would have loved to have seen the person/people hiking in carrying those chairs.

I took a picture of the "kindle no fires" sign because it cracks me up. Why not just say, "No fires"? It took a long time for me to even understand what was being said after I saw one of these the first time when I was snowshoeing. We so rarely use the word "kindle" as a verb in Texas.

No comments: