Saturday, January 13, 2007

How Far?

January 13, 2007
It's 3/10 of a mile from the house to the Education Center on campus where I work. It's 4/10 of a mile from the Education Center to church. (And the Education Center is right on the way.) Maybe I'll even walk to church. ☺ It takes 6 minutes to walk to the Education Center and that's with walking slowly to "take it all in". So maybe 15 minutes to walk to church? This is so surreal for a woman who drove 40 miles one way to work for the last 7.5 years.

Yesterday, I walked to work. In the afternoon, I walked across campus (literally, from one end to the other) in about 3 minutes to go to the administration building to sign some papers. Then I walked a block from there to the post office to check my box, then 2 blocks to The Granery for the faculty get together, then back to the Education Center to pick up my stuff, then home. And it was all a breeze. Everything is so close!

1 comment:

Tracey Hollingsworth said...

Now I know how far it is from my apartment to the Ed. Center...very useful information! Thanks :)