Thursday, September 11, 2008

9/11/08 Road Construction

On the way to Dixfield, I took a detour that Dr. Grace told me about. She warned that the road construction was really bad. I had driven through it before last semester. I didn't imagine it would be that bad, but I took her advice and took the detour 'cuz I didn't want to be late for the meeting. But since it was daylight and I wasn't in a hurry, I decided to take the road construction route on the way home to see how bad it was.

Oh my. They shouldn't call it road construction, it's more like road deconstruction. In fact, where is the road?? See that big silver thing that's as big as a truck? That's going to go under the bridge. There wasn't just one pair of flagmen to stop us and direct whose turn it was on the one lane of driveable dirt, there were three pairs of flagmen over a distance of more than a mile and there was a traffic light at the temporary one lane bridge. Grace says it's going to take over a year to complete. I believe it! I will be taking that detour every time in both directions from now on!

No comments: