Friday, August 22, 2008

8/18/08 Autumn is coming

I'm on my way to meet my Godfamily from Long Island! We're meeting at Sebago Lake State Park in Maine. Just outside of Turner, I stopped to buy some blueberries to take to the family. They usually have pancakes one of the mornings we camp and I thought it would be fun to put some fresh Maine blueberries in those pancakes.


Check out this tree at the roadside stand where I bought the blueberries. Does that look like autumn to you? This is not a dying tree and it's not an anomaly. I saw probably 20 patches of color on the drive to Sebago Lake. Summer really is over.

So the big question is: If I'm camping with the Godfamily but we're camping in Maine, which blog should I use? Is it a Maine Adventure or a Travel Adventure??? Since we'll be camping in Maine for 2 days but then heading out to Massachusetts and on down to New York, I'll keep the whole trip together in one blog and put it all in my Travel Blog. Look for entries that start 8/18/08 to keep up with me. I come back to Maine before Labor Day and have more adventures planned, plus I plan to have many more unplanned adventures. See you on the other side!

No comments: