Thursday, April 12, 2007

April 2, 2007: Monday night

Walking home tonight, I felt like Mr. Tumnus in The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. Ahead of me was a lamppost with snow slowly falling in the lamplight. The snow was wet and heavy so it made nice big flakes but it also got me wet, so I was holding my umbrella, just like Mr. Tumnus when Lucy found him at the entrance to Narnia.

I got home around 10, after my "Make Your Vita Come Alive" presentation and dinner at The Granary with three members of the committee. MRM had already gone to bed, but when I came in the door I heard her yell, "Is that my roomie?" And next thing I knew, she was coming down the stairs asking how it went. What a great roommate! It was great to tell her all about the presentation (and since she had seen the rehearsal she knew what I was talking about). And since she's a librarian, she actually understood my Mr. Tumnus analogy, too.

No comments: