Sunday, November 23, 2008

11/23/08 how cold is it?

Officially, UMF's Thanksgiving Break doesn't start until Wednesday, but in our Practicum course, we make the students come for extra sessions during the first two weeks of orientation and then we don't have classes on Monday or Tuesday. It works out much better for the students who are in the schools to not have to go in for just a day and it keeps everything "even" between the two sections of students (half are in the schools working with mentor teachers while the other half are on campus in our courses). So, unofficially, I have a week-long Thanksgiving Break.

To kick off Thanksgiving Break, I drove to Old Orchard Beach today to work with Grace on our graduate course. We're going to spend all day today (Sunday) and tomorrow working on it. Then I'll leave around 4:30 to go to Manchester to pick up Rodney at the airport. It's 3.5 hours from Farmington to Manchester. This way, I only have to drive 1.5 hours on Monday because I'll get 2 hours out of the way today. It's going to be a great Thanksgiving Break but I can tell already that it's going to be too short.

I pulled over on the turnpike when I drove past my third set of rocks covered in ice like this. I do not know what the water source is to make this happen, but a) it sure is beautiful and b) it must be really cold outside.

No comments: