Friday, October 10, 2008

10/10/08 Moonshadow

I remember the Cat Stevens song, Moonshadow. The lyrics included "I'm being followed by a moonshadow, moonshadow, moonshadow." I liked the song, even though I had no idea what any of it meant.

Tonight I figured out what must be a moonshadow. I was walking home and there was a shadow next to me most of the way. There was an additional shadow that kept coming in and out. I finally figured out that the one constant shadow was a shadow caused by the moon! I don't think I've ever seen my shadow created by moonlight! The second shadow was caused by the street lights which was why it kept moving. As I moved into the streetlight, the shadow was behind me. As I started to walk towards the light, the shadow moved to the side and got very small; as I walked away from the light, the shadow was in front of me. I only got startled a few times. ;-)

No comments: