Monday, August 11, 2008

8/11/08 on the road to Old Orchard Beach


This is the ice cream place in Turner! It's the one that's Randy and Jenn's favorite where we celebrated Rodney's packing completion and then went to play Disc Golf. I was driving to Old Orchard Beach (100 miles from Farmington) to work with my colleague Grace for a few days. I left around 4:30 and got to Turner (35 miles from Farmington) just around dinner time. What better dinner than a Cyclone (a local version of the Dairy Queen Blizzard)?


I kept saying that summer 2009 was going to be the Summer of the Ice Cream Quest but I think I need to start early and this is a great stop on that quest. There are a LOT of local ice cream places in Maine. They're all only open in the summer (typically Memorial Day to Labor Day but some open at Easter time and some stay open through "Peeper Season" which is autumn when all the tourists come to "peep" at the changing leaves), so it will be a short quest. But oh, what a yummy and fun quest!

No comments: