Friday, July 4, 2008

7/4/08 4th of July Party #1

After the parade, I walked to my old house with MRM (okay, she's not My RoomMate anymore, but I'll still refer to her as that in this blog). Later RBF (Roommate's BoyFriend will still be RBF as well) and his brother, Rodney, came over and we spent a lazy afternoon at poolside with the dogs just soaking in sunshine and taking in the Red Sox game. Fortunately, they won the game. It was a good one.


Check out MRM's flower garden. It's beautiful . . . lots of variety
in shape, color, texture, et. al. It's attractive to hummingbirds, butterflies, and humans.

I actually soaked up more shade than sunshine. RBF did even more shade than I did. MRM and Rodney probably tied for most sun in a single afternoon, but MRM shifted from in the pool to by the pool to working in the garden. Rodney was mostly in the pool. Check out the iced tea in the drink holder on the side of the float . . . what a life.

Here's MRM adjusting the peas in the veggie garden. We were able to harvest 5 pods. . . the first peas of the season. YUM!

It's a dog's life. Elf almost seemed to enjoy being on the float with his mom. I think it was more being with mom than it was being on the float that he was enjoying.

Rodney was dogsitting for his brother and sister-in-law. That's Zoey who eventually settled in and had quiet times with the other dogs. She REALLY liked Elf. I think she either thought Elf was her puppy or a new toy.

No comments: