Wednesday, July 23, 2008

7/23/08 Great Representation

Last month I received a newsletter from my local representative, Janet Mills. I actually took the time to glance through it and read some of the pertinent articles. One of the notifications was that residents could be eligible for property tax and rent refunds for 2007. It further said to contact her office to get on the list to be sent the application once it became available. It was late on Sunday night when I read this, so I just sent an email to the address in the newsletter with my request. About 5 minutes later, I received an email reply that I was on the list and it would probably be August 1 before the paperwork would be available. I wrote back and asked . . . sure enough, it was Janet Mills herself, answering her own email on a Sunday night. Impressive. Today (8 days before August 1), I received an envelope in the mail, hand-addressed, that contained the requested paperwork. I can't tell for sure, but the handwriting on the envelope looks very similar to the official "Janet Mills" signature on the pre-printed note inside. Wow. That's taking your civic obligations seriously! I'm impressed with my representative.

No comments: