Sunday, February 10, 2008

2/10/2008 Snowy Sunday

At 7:00 this morning, MRM and I got the call that Sunday School was
cancelled. There was so much snow overnight, the roads were pretty
bad. MRM's an aide in the 3rd grade class and I'm a substitute on
call. Today was going to be my first time to fill in. So when we got
the call that there was no Sunday School, we decided we weren't going
to get out for mass either. I was in sweats and cleaning up my room
when I heard a knock on the door. We couldn't figure out who it would
be at 9:30 in the morning, and there was Patty. She sings in the
choir (plays guitar and cantors) and knows MRM from way back. She'd
given us a ride home from church on another snowy morning when we had
walked to church. I opened the door and said, "Hi" but I think the
look on my face said, "What are you doing here?" She said, "Are you
going to church this morning? I thought I'd see if you wanted a
ride." Wow. Who knew that God had a chauffeur service? It's hard to
skip out on church when someone comes knocking on your door. She said
she was driving by and noticed there were no footprints in the
driveway and the cars were covered in snow.

I told her that my hair was a mess (which it was) and she said, "It
looks fine. Come on!" So I ran upstairs and couldn't figure out what
to wear. There was my suitcase packed for Boston which I hadn't
unpacked. I knew there was a complete outfit already selected in
there so I just dumped out the suitcase and threw that outfit on and
off to church we went. MRM stayed home but asked us to pray for
her. ;-) 4 out of 5 of the choir folks were there. The fifth one is
Rose whose husband Randy did make it. He said Rose was sick,
otherwise we would've had perfect attendance. Once I was there, I was
glad I went, but it sure was a surprise to be there. :-)

No comments: