Monday, April 2, 2007

April 2, 2007: Belated April Fool's from Mother Nature

I woke up this morning and there was a snow dusting! Ha! Just when I was writing yesterday about spring. MRM says it was really sleet and freezing rain but it was white on the lawn when I looked out the window . . . in Texas, that's snow. It was drizzly and wet when I went outside, but I figured that was just melting snow. That was all before 9am.

Now it's 11:00am and it really is snowing outside! Big white puffy flakes are coming down. It's great! It's not sticking, but who cares. It's snowing in April and I'm here to see it.

I remember one Palm Sunday in Texas when it snowed during mass. We were in the Fellowship Hall where one whole wall is windows. We looked out and there it was in all its glory. It was our own little Palm Sunday miracle. But in living in Texas for 35 years, that's the only Palm Sunday snow that I remember. Here in Maine, yesterday was Palm Sunday and today is Palm Monday snow. :-)

Here's the picture of the crocus in the snow this morning:

No comments: