Wednesday, February 7, 2007

cigar box under the counter

The local movie theatre here is a very nice multi-plex cinema. I went to see Dream Girls and was impressed with the comfortable seats and the generous leg room. The sound system was good. It was really nice. MRM had told me ahead of time that the thing to do was buy the gift certificate. For the same price as just going to the movie, you get a certificate for admission plus free popcorn and a drink. You can buy the gift certificate at the theatre or at the local Hallmark store. So I stopped in at the Hallmark store earlier that day to buy my gift certificate. "I think I have one left," the lady behind the counter said. And she reached down underneath the counter and pulled out a cigar box. In it were the certificates and an envelope. I gave her a $5 bill [note: first run movies are only $5] and she proceeded to put it inside the envelope. Then she gave me my certificate, wrapped a big rubber band around the cigar box and put it back under the counter.

That is my kind of accounting system!

No comments: