Monday, January 15, 2007

St. Joseph's Catholic Church, Sunday, January 14, 2007

This morning I went to 10:30 mass at St. Joseph's Catholic Church. On the outside, it's an older New England looking church. On the inside, it's obviously remodeled Vatican II. It's very simple but really nice. I liked it because it was green with copper accents. If you know my kitchen, you know I like that combination.

I didn't recognize the opening song but the offertory hymn was "All Are Welcome" and that made me feel welcome in more ways than one. The congregation really sings here so I joined right in. The choir itself is rather sparse, so it's a good thing the congregation sings so well.

All you Aggies from St. Mary's are going to love this part: At the Our Father, not only do they hold hands, but they cross the aisle and the priest even incorporates that into his introduction to the Our Father.

At the end of mass all visitors and newcomers were invited to stand and identify themselves. I wasn't going to do it, but a man from Massachusetts did and then it wasn't so hard, so I did, too. Following me was a man who introduced his two visiting granddaughters. It was very nice and two people came up and spoke to me after the service.

No comments: