Monday, January 15, 2007

St. Joseph's Catholic Church #3

Here's a contemporary yet beautiful copper statue of The Holy Family. I really liked it. I assume the green backdrop can be changed for the liturgical colors of the current season. I don't know that, it just looks that way. Of course, I'd be happy with green all the time. ;-)



What you see in front is the choir area. Yes, that's one keyboard, one pew, the cantor stand and one microphone. At our service, there was one keyboard player (who sang into a microphone as well), the cantor (who also played guitar while cantoring), and one choir member. Since she had her own microphone, I had to fight the image of her being a "backup singer" but that's really what it looked like.

Sorry for the blur. I was taking the photo quickly and without flash.

No comments: