Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Soup and Good Fun: January 15, 2007

My roommate (MRM) and her boyfriend (RBF) were home from their trip but out buying groceries when I got home. Benny greeted me at the door and Cassie was in her kennel. She was barking to get out but I knew I couldn't guard all the belongings that were unpacked from the car trip, so I left her in the kennel. Shortly thereafter MRM and RBF arrived from the store. I was planning a quiet dinner of Progresso soup but MRM was making homemade soup. She fixed 2 different kinds: french onion soup and a vegetable soup/stew. She was stocking up for the week. Her friend Jody was coming back from her day of reporting on the ski patrol so there would be 4 for dinner. What fun.

We had a delicious dinner but everyone was exhausted from their various travels and work. We were going to play a game but we all crashed instead. MRM did make a cool oatmeal concoction that cooks in the crockpot overnight. She said she wanted me to have a good send-off on my first day of school. I hadn't even thought of it as my first day of school, but it would be! How cool that she commemorated it for me with an extra special breakfast. :-)

No comments: