Tuesday, January 16, 2007

First Day of School: January 16, 2007

Today was really more orientation than teaching. The three of us (Beth, Grace, and I) that work with the Practicum Block met with each block of students for an hour and a half. We played "2 truths and a lie" (a.k.a. "guess the fib") to get to know each other, then went over the calendar and some general expectations. So tomorrow is my first real day of teaching. I can't believe how excited I am!

After orientation, the 3 of us went to lunch in the snackbar. I worked in my office a little, then went to the computing center to check on my classroom for tomorrow. Then I went on a photo-taking spree. The sun was out and there was all that fresh snow from last night. Check my website for photos. I walked down to the Post Office but there is still no mail in my PO Box. It's been 11 days now since they stopped the mail back home. I hope it comes soon.

I went back to the Education Center and got in a groove making the class wiki for all 3 classes and a bunch of other stuff for class tomorrow. Suddenly my phone rang. It was 7:45! I had no idea it was so late. It was MRM on the phone who called because it was dark and cold and she was worried about me. I looked at the thermometer in my window sill and it said it was 7 degrees outside. How did that happen?! That really is COLD!! She and RBF were going out but would be back in an hour. She offered to come pick me up. This definitely goes beyond "nice landlady". I am so blessed to have this awesome roommate. And I have sooooo much to learn. This New England winter weather is nothing to play around with.

No comments: