Saturday, November 1, 2008

11/1/08 Early Bird Sale

Last year was my first Early Bird Special event. I had so much fun, I had to go again. It is a fascinating tradition. I arrived at Reny's at 6:03am so I didn't get any photos of people standing in line like last year. But I did get some good shopping done. I ended up spending nearly an hour in Reny's, then hit the Hallmark store and the book store. I got my movie passes, too. The local movie theatre, The Narrow Gauge Cinema, only charges $5.00 for its movies. And they have comfy stadium seating and a decent sound system in all of their theatres. They show first run movies. If $5 isn't bargain enough, you can buy a 10-pack of coupons for $55 which is $5.50 a coupon. Each coupon includes a movie ticket, a small popcorn, and a small drink. $5.50 for the ticket, popcorn AND a drink? How can you beat that?! Oh wait, you can beat that. During the Early Bird Special, you can buy a $55 10-pack for only $45. That's $4.50 for a movie ticket, a popocorn, and a drink. If you come visit me, we'll go to the movies and it will be my treat. I bought 2 coupon books today (there's no expiration date).

As you can see, Reny's is not the only store to celebrate the Early Bird Sale. It's now a whole town celebration. But I love the creativity in the celebration. :-)


No comments: