Saturday, May 24, 2008

5/24/08 Vintage Varitek, Papi, and Youk

Oh my oh my oh my. This is what I saw in Hannaford's today. This is a display of 3 California wines. The orange label is Captain's Cabernet and has a photo of the Boston Red Sox's team captain and catcher, Jason Varitek. The purple label is Vintage Papi with a photo of David Ortiz, a.k.a. Big Papi, who is the designated hitter and a hoot to watch play the game. The green label is my favorite, SauvignYoouuk Blanc. Kevin Youkilis plays first base superbly and is just an all-around good guy. When he comes to bat, you think the fans are booing, but in fact, they're yelling out "Yooouuuuuk!" He's my favorite player on the Sox, but I also admire the cleverness of the name of his brand of wine.

And since all the proceeds are going to a good cause, I bought a bottle of SauvignYoouuk Blanc. I don't know if I'll drink it or not, but I had to have it. There goes my minimalist lifestyle!

BTW, this is in the Hannaford's that carded the old lady and made national headlines. I did NOT get carded. Hmmmmmm.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

There is no such thing as an "OLD LADY"!!!

There are ladies that have "lived long"!

Yourlong living daddy!