Tuesday, February 27, 2007

February 27, 2007: Unique Opportunity

Check out this email that I received today. It went to all UMF Staff and Faculty. I already thought it was pretty cool that UMF has a Ski Industries program. But I never thought about what the final exam would look like for a student who's taking classes in how to teach skiing. Well, now I know: this is what it look like! I only wish I didn't have to teach class on Wednesday. :-) NOTE: Sugarloaf is only 40 miles north of Farmington. Here's the email:


To: All UMF Staff & Faculty

From: Leigh xxx

Re: Volunteers for Ski & Snowboard Lessons

When: Wednesday March 7 and Wednesday March 14

Cost: All day lift ticket at Sugarloaf $10

Rental Equipment: $10

Ability Levels: Never-ever Beginners to Black Diamond Experts

Lessons Time: 9:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.



The UMF Ski Industries Practicums are offering free ski and snowboard
lessons as part of their teaching practical.


If you have never skied or snowboarded this is your chance. If you are an
intermediate skier/rider looking to jump to a new level...this is your
chance. If you are an expert skier wondering how to use those funny shaped
skis ...this is your chance.

If you are interested in joining us for a day of spring skiing, please
contact me by Monday, March 5.


Questions: call ext. xxx or e-mail me at: xxx

********************************

Leigh xxx Director, UMF Ski Industries University of Maine at
Farmington

*********************************

No comments: