Sunday, January 14, 2007

First Snow, Sunday, January 14, 2007

from an email I sent at 10:16am EST today:
"Sorry about your false alarm in Dallas. I hate it when they say "ice warning! stock up on 5 days worth of groceries! we're closing down the city!" and then it rains for a little bit and that's all. We're having the other problem. The snow predicted for the afternoon is already here. I woke up to a slight dusting of white on the ground that happened overnight and it's gently coming down now. It's very pretty. So far not a problem for me. The roads are all dry 'cuz it was sunny and the temperature was above freezing yesterday afternoon. But the temperature has dropped 2 degrees just in the last 10 minutes and I think changes are coming."

So I sent that email and then went to church. It's now 12:05 EST and the roads are all covered in white, the flakes are bigger, the pace at which they are falling is faster, and I think I better pack up all my work, leave the Education Center, go home, and watch the snow out of those windows instead of the one in my office!

I don't know who told me to be sure to get a snow brush, but I'm glad they did. I didn't think about it but happened to see them in WalMart and said to myself, "hmmm, someone told me to get one of those, I guess I'll do that now." I used it this morning. I know already that I need a bigger one. When I came out of church, I watched people brushing their windshields and windows AND their roofs. oh. I get it. Good idea. So when I got to my car, I did the same.

So should you use your rear window defrost? I turned it on this morning but I stripes of ice after church. Makes sense, melted snow sitting on a windshield in freezing weather are going to freeze. What I need is a windshield wiper on the back window. Plenty to learn!

No comments: